Monday 28 June 2010

Dwarf Beans becoming giants?

Hmmmn, I am not sure what is going on here. I planted a different variety of dwarf beans this year and planted Tender Beans, whatever that means. They have been planted out for a few weeks now and are growing well, but I have just noticed that some of them are growing very tall, at least 2ft and still growing. I was very careful to make sure I did runner beans in the bigger pots and the dwarf in the smaller pots so I don’t see how I can have got muddled up. (For those that know me they will be sighing now lol). I seem to remember last year that the beans wanted to be down and not up but this year they look very different, heading for the sky. I have just started adding some canes for them to be tied to as the are taller than the green sticks.I have netting above them to stop the pigeons landing on them so I am going to have to think of something soon if they don’t stop.

dwarf beans 28.6.2010

No comments:

Post a Comment