Monday 28 June 2010

The Here and Now.

I am going to start adding some more relevent pictures so i am more up to date. I have tried to improve on the way i did my grow last year. I am now single and have had to do everything completely on my own. Blood sweat and tears and broken fingernails but it was worth it.


This year i started very late growing from seed. From past experience when i have seeded very early i dont gain anything apart from frostbite. Plants dont really flower any earlier but the plant itself is bigger but not necessarily better. If anything the plants will be stretched from reaching for sun that doesn't exist, take up too much room and generally be a pain as it needs more support.

Most of my grow was started in May. Another reason for it being so late was because i was trying to construct a solid set of steps half way up the garden so i can get my nan up to there. I have had to stop now as its so hot but i will discuss that later.

I am going to forget last year for now.....
Photobucket



This year we had that really bad snow so i didnt go into the garden for a while. I knew the damage was there but there was nothing i could do about it. Also as i was on my own i didnt know where to start. Once the snow had gone i could see some damage but i knew the rest would become apparent when the spring arrived. The worst casualty for me was my beautiful palm. I showed it earlier looking so healthy. Here it is then and now. I am gutted and if anyone can help me get it back on its feet i will be eternally grateful. I do not know if it is dead or alive. I have had it for 10 years now and it has never lost any colour until now.
Palm 09
dying palm 2010


Is it dead or alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment