Sunday 27 June 2010

My Patio is very old and falling apart and this is what it looked like about 2 years ago. More like a planting station but it was the only respite from sticky wet clay soil. It is a bit better now but only marginally. Its too big a job to do in the near future but its desperate to be done.

old patio 08/09

Lots of people say how lovely everything looks in full flow but i know whats underneath, hidden. When its yours you see the faults and find it hard to appreciate what others see but i am getting there ha ha. My garden is always untidy as there is always something being constructed or planted.

When i am standing in my back garden in the morning looking up, the sun comes from the left and and goes round until it settles at the top of the garden. If front of my garage and all up the left side is in glorious shade for half the day. My patio is a bit in the shade till about 11am then its too hot unless you are under an umbrella. Gone are the days of pouring baby oil over myself to get a tan, now i come in when its too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment