Sunday 27 June 2010

When i started growing my veg i religiously used tom pots to grow everything in. I have a degenerative back condition and ideally need my spine fused but at the mo i am being told that i am too young as the odds aren't great. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis as well so i am starting to feel the effects as i am getting older. My left thumb/wrist joint needs replacing as i have 2 dead bones in my hand and if anyone has had a thumb out of action you will know how much you rely on them. I need an op to replace the joint but i cant be in plaster and one handed for 3 months. The cold and damp are horrible conditions for me but with a garden you cant be shy, its on with the Fentanyl patch or a spoonful of oral Morphine when its at its worst. Oh, dont forget the tea!

The pots came along as i couldn't do any digging and the clay soil is a killer when its dry! This is how i started in the area that became the carport, all a bit mish mash but it worked.

carport grow

I even grew my runner beans in pots up the garden in a semicircle of pots. That was hard work as the wind was so mean. I had a fantastic crop but it was hell to keep everything upright and watered.

I have always had a sort of end plan for my garden but its a long way off. If i had the money then of course anything is possible, but i dont so it isnt.

I imagine myself to be single for a long time yet and am keeping well away from those rose tinted goggles i can tell you! I desperately need help here but i need a man less. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment