Saturday 26 June 2010

My ex and me had just got some old sleepers and made a huge square raised veg bed at the end of the garden so we spent the winter digging and moving earth about. The grass was sticky mud in the end. Its so hard going with a clay soil but everything grows really well so its not all bad. :)

During the growing months it soon became apparent that the big square veg bed was not working. I couldnt reach the middle so i would have to climb up onto the earth to be able to get to my plants. I hasten to add that i did not choose a big square, it was set up when i was out. Its funny how you dont speak your mind in a new relationship lol. He meant well. :o

Here you can see the veg bed made from sleepers.

square veg bed

We used sleepers so we could level out the lawn, starting from the top of the garden with the intention of working down. Money was tight so we had to use cheap bamboo for screening. The Maples at the back have always proved indestructible and destroyed the previous fencing. Plus the made the end of the garden very shady in the summer. Everyone has had a go at chopping branches off over the years.

This next picture is the end of the garden after its been tidied up. The first lawn has been leveled.
1st lawn 09

The red/brown boards are fiber glass panels from a skip. They were attached to a wooden framework to hold the earth back. The colour was a mistake but as yet is still unchanged. I cant decide what i want to do with it.

I have managed to squeeze some veg in even though everything was a bit chaotic.

This next picture is very different from the first but not very much has been done when you look at it. I have painted the garage and my ex has built me a basic pergola. It totally changed the garden! I couldnt believe how much brighter and prettier it now looked.
pergola and green garage


You can also see my 2 girls in the picture too. )

I put up a cheap trellis behind the palm so i can grow Clematis and hide the greenhouse a bit. It will eventually be how i want it to be, and it is getting there, slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment