Monday 28 June 2010

Feel like a Goosberry?

I have 2 bushes growing, one red and one green. They are both fruiting for the 2nd time. The red bush is definitely better than the other one. It has more fruits and they are bigger than its poor relation.

I have sort of worked out that RED is better than green when it comes to growing fruit or veg. My ed onions, red grape and red gooseberry have all gone better than the green variety's. Maybe someone can explain this to me. :0

The red ones are not red yet but they are huge. They are definitely bigger than a big grape.
Pic taken in May
goosberrys

I had caterpillars eating all my leaves a while ago and had to spray the plant to get it sorted. Its ok now. The plants are in an area behind my greenhouse which is too small so i am going to have to move them at some stage.
Hindsight is great if you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment