Wednesday 7 July 2010

PHEWWWWWWWWW, at last the weather is cool today. As much as its great for growing the heat is too much to any gardening so this is a welcome break!

I am happy to report that my runner and dwarf beans seem to be doing the right thing. I was a little bit worried that i had muddles the two up as the dwarf were growing upwards. Some have reached about 2.5ft which i have never seen before. But i can see pink flowers and not red so i am now looking forward to watching the pods form.

The runner beans are running..................no beans yet yet i am late with everything this year so i am not worried. They are in flower so all is well.

I have been trying to get the middle part of my garden prepared for turf. OMG is this hard work!!! The clay soil has been baked solid by the sun which we have had constantly for weeks. More than half of what i dog is thrown out as its mainly stones.
My hands are so painful from sieving and digging out stones. I cant use my hands in the mornings as they hurt so much so to be able to see an end in sight is fantastic. I will definitely open a bottle of drink to celebrate. *cheers* lol

I will get out today if i can and take some pictures of the garden so far.

So far, this year has been fantastic, weather wise, for the garden so fingers crossed it will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment