Wednesday 7 July 2010

I seem to be having more sucess in the g/h this year with the mildew. Last year and the year before it started early on the Telegraph cucs and spread but this year i havnt got the Tels, just the Marketmore and melons. I took off a couple of leaves that looked a bit suspect as its the weak leaves that get it i think. The plants are all doing well and the canes and wire set up seems to be working so far. Its been hard work tying in all the shoots and as its been so hot its been even harder. On some of the plants i attached the wire shelving that makes up the growing system (cant think of the name lol). I have so many shoots i will have cucumbers coming out of my ears soon!

cucs melons 7 july

I have more ventilation in the g/h this year as i have taken out two panels on the side where i have an extra bit of room. There is a poly roof and it is open at the front but i dont know if you can see how it works from this pic. I think this is the reason for the lack of mildew and the fact i excluded the variety that gets it first, fingers crossed.

spare bit

No comments:

Post a Comment