Monday 19 July 2010

Grapes equals wine..

Here are my red grapes. They are doing very well so i got the pruning right last year i think. They dont really need any looking after but i have been taking all the 'feelers' off them so they dont waste any energy. I have also pinched out the growing tips on the laterals that have the grapes. This is the second year of grapes as the vine is only 3 years old. I also have a white grape vine too but it is not as impressive as the red! They may look like peas at the mo but they will be very purple and sweet in a couple of months. Do i eat them or drink them? :o
They are very sweet, or they were last year. This vine is a Boskop Glory and is good for wine or desert. I got it from Wilkinsons.....most of my plants are from there and i have never had any probs with anything.

red vine july 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment