Wednesday 11 August 2010

Melons.

These are better than last year as they are so much bigger. This pic was taken over a week ago. They are Emir F1. They have got some powdery mildew but its not affecting the growth.
30.1.10

My melons have now got so big they need a bra!
11.8.10

They are looking more like melons now.

I am adding a picture taken on 18th August. I dont think they will grow anymore as the whole plats are covered in powdery mildew. If you touch the leaves the powder falls off. I think you can see from the pics that they are no bigger now.
18 Sept

I have cut most of the leaves off but i am unsure what to do with the melons. If i leave them on the plant will they ripen more? They feel very hard. I have got this far i cant ruin my melons now. Something will go wrong, i just know it will. :)

This is one of the plants on the 18th Aug.
Mildew melons 18 aug

No comments:

Post a Comment