Saturday 21 August 2010

Bit of a catch up.

Today 21st August. Right, the weather has been pants for a few weeks now. Not too cold but no sun. Everything seems to have slowed down, nothing happening. This time last year and the years before were very different.
My runner beans were the most noticeably affected veg i think for me. They didnt start well because the weather was so hot, then most of the flowers didnt set cos it was so hot. I think it was too hot for them. But, there is a silver lining as now the weather is much cooler and wetter they are coming to life....better late than never!

I have got very muddled though. You may remember earlier that when i germinated the runner and dwarf beans i used big pots for the runner and the smaller for the dwarfs. Easy i thought, and i labeled the varieties. A while back i thought my dwarfs were runners as they were getting very tall. They were the right ones in the end but i am not sure what variety they are as i have a few packets open. I think Tendergreen though. Where the Scarlet Emporer runners are i also have a couple of the dwarf ones that are there for some reason. :o And another variety of climbing bean that have white flowers. My labling didnt work nor does my brain sometimes ha ha. The only clue i have is a full unopened packet of Blue Lake. I know they are not White Lady. They look like my dwarf beans, not flat and ugly looking like the Scarlet. I havnt eaten any yet, the proof will be in the pudding so to speak lol

No comments:

Post a Comment